Well, I'm glad that's over. 2020 I mean. What a mess of a year.
Like many of you, I went into 2020 fast and furious. It started off with a bang of optimism and hope, but as we all know, it took a dump early on that changed everything. This past year was a game-changer and a huge paradigm shift for us all. I know it was for me, anyway. In recap…
- In 2020 I celebrated 15 years sharing my art nude paintings and artist profile on ModelMayhem as one of their earliest members. Read the post here.
- After years of sharing my paintings on Facebook, they decided to censor me for my figurative artworks. I was offered the choice to remove the art nudes or delete the account. I removed the nudes, all of them, leaving only my motorcycle paintings and abstracts on Facebook. Read the story here.
- Sadly, in April 2020 I lost three dear friends; fellow airbrush artist, Mike Lavallee, best know for his Killer Paint and realistic flames; old friend and musician Charlie Brechtel who was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident; and Larry Pfaff, a cowboy’s cowboy and the subject of some great oil-painted portraits and a book which I participated in creating.
- With all the self-quarantining we were all doing, I made time to finally rebuild my art website, ADCook.com, which was way overdue for some serious attention.
- As the year moved on, the LUSTER: Realism and Hyperrealism in Contemporary Automobile and Motorcycle Painting Exhibit was, for all practical purposes, put on hold as museums either closed or limited their access as a result of the COVID pandemic.
- In November I finally put some time into updating my Facebook/ADCookArtist page (sans nudes).
My Renude Vision for 2021 is to create new and exciting art, epic art, mostly figurative and fine art nudes as a continuation of my creative expression. I have a nice series in my head that will make it to metal soon and I’m working on a mini-series of mixed media pieces. I’ll share more on those projects at a later date.
Hints and updates suggest that the LUSTER Exhibit will resume with THE ELLA CAROTHERS DUNNEGAN GALLERY OF ART in Bolivar, MO where it is scheduled to run through May 2, 2021.
I’m also very excited about the upcoming grand opening of the all-new Conrad West Gallery in the 18b Arts District. Located at 15 W Colorado, Las Vegas, NV, this newly renovated art gallery represents over two dozen of North America’s premier artists.
Cheers to brighter 2021