My 2023 . Summary
I should qualify my headline, “My Final Post,” as my final post for 2023, but it is not my final post ever (I hope, anyway). It’s been a prolific year, but I can’t sneak any more in. I’m calling it a year after posting over 80 fresh articles, updates, new art, and videos. But I promise that this isn’t my final post. In fact, I have a post scheduled to go live in a few hours, which will be in 2024, so check back for that after you recover from your New Year’s celebration. Meanwhile, let’s take a quick recap flashback of 2023 before moving on.
In summary, 2023 highlighted a memorable year in many ways.
This past year has been as creative as any I can remember in a while, at least from a studio time at the easel perspective and perhaps some added time tapping at the keyboard. Here’s a quick summary of 2023 with a few links to get started.
- I became more prolific in my writing. Focussing mainly on web article writing, I created about eighty fresh posts — some long, some short, some good, some not so much. Who’s to say? Not everything is a movable feast; not everyone gets it, and that’s okay. If I learned anything as a writer this year, it is to write and keep writing. You only get better through writing and editing – lots of editing. For those of you who enjoy my posts, thanks for your continued visits and for taking the time to read my stories and watch my videos.
- The completion of my Eternal artwork. Two years after photographing my model/muse for my mixed media lifesize metal fine art nude, the artwork was finally complete, cleared, buffed, and polished to a glass-smooth finish. ETERNAL left my studio this past week and is headed to her new home, where I hope she is loved for many years. Click here to watch the Creation of ETERNAL video (6:37 minutes), from concept through completion.
- The beginning of my Corvette paintings. In the Spring of 2023, I was invited to create artwork for the 2024 Luster Exhibition at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky, for display through the end of next year. As an avid Corvette enthusiast, I am excited to participate in Corvette’s story if even on a models level. Follow my story and updates through the Corvette 70th Anniversary Art Timeline.
- Luster Updates. It was a busy year for the LUSTER Exhibition. The tour wrapped up in January at the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum before heading to the Citadelle Art Museum through May of 2023. Then, the LUSTER spent a few months at the Dennos Museum and is currently at the Blue Buffalo Art Gallery, hosted by the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts through February 14, 2024.
- My New YouTube Channel. On my TO DO list for a while, in early December, I finally put together a new YouTube channel (@adcook) to host my videos and shorts. Although I am new to creating video shorts, I’m really enjoying sharing in video mode. I’ve posted around sixty videos and video shorts, with plenty more to follow, so when you have a minute, I invite you to catch up on a few. As always, likes and shares are appreciated.
- New Contributors. I’m excited to share that three friends, who are amazing writers renowned in their respective fields, have stepped up and offered to share their knowledge and insights with you through this website’s POSTS & UPDATES section. Art Success Coach Barney Davey, Las Vegas Food Writer Bob Barnes, and Performance Coach/Author Frank Mallinder each bring a fresh perspective to their areas of expertise, and I could not be happier than to share that with you. So, special thanks to them and you for tuning in.
Here's wishing you all and awesome 2024!
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
- More info
A.D. is an artist who started drawing at a young age. Throughout his life, he has worked with different creative tools in traditional and digital art and design. His art and writings have been showcased in various publications such as Airbrush Action Magazine, Airbrush Magazine, American Art Collector, Art & Beyond, Dream To Launch, Easyriders, Las Vegas City Life, Las Vegas Weekly, L’Vegue, ModelsMania, Quick Throttle, and The Ultimate Airbrush Handbook.